Sunday 20 May 2007

Annoying habits: leaving teabags next to the sink

Isn't this the worst thing? Why are people so afraid to put a hot teabag straight in the bin? Are they worried that the heat from the teabag is so intense that it will melt a hole through the bin liner? Or is it because the sink is closer and lets face it, we want to get that milky goodness down our necks faster than we can care to think about the correct disposal of the used bag?

Surely the above example is illegal. Not only have they put it IN the sink but it has also been hidden by the sponge - probably on purpose because they wanted to rid themselves of the responsibility of binning it. Some innocent will come along shortly, fill up the sink to wash the dishes and horrified, they will scoop up the soggy bag into their hands. Lets just hope they were wearing gloves.

Oh my godfathers. This has to be the worst kind of bag-disposing laziness I've ever seen. We can only hope that someone uses the sponge from before to mop up that spillage. Then at least the other bag should be discovered. Perhaps in the future, spoons should come labelled with instructions on how to squeeze excess liquid out of teabags.

1 comment:

Sam said...

ha ha - that's hilarious. I do know some people who do this and I have heard the theory more than once said that if you put the teabag in the bin while it is still hot it causes a worse odour though I can't say I have actually noticed myself. Maybe cos I use tea leaves!

My other half makes me a teabag cuppa every morning (bless him) and he always clears straight up after himself.